It's been 10 years now since we have moved back to Ohio from Florida. Living in Florida was a great experience and we had lots of enjoyment of the sun and fun for 17 years, but to be honest, I missed home. My nightly dreams were filled with home and the country life. When we came home on vacations, the road to home from the interstate was a sight for sore eyes, like a cool drink of water on a hot summer day! These days I savor the quietness of living 10 miles from the nearest town...waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of crickets...looking up into the sky on a clear night and realizing there really IS millions and millions of stars out there that I never got to see when I was living in town! The view from our back door is full of farm land with a slightly rolling of the land..a bit unusual for this area of Ohio which is known for its very flat land!
I'm a lover of nature and enjoy watching the birds that come to our feeder. Every so often we see deer in the woods behind us and of course, we see raccoons and ground hogs often. We love them all!
I have a variety of interests and have tried many crafts over the years, but my first love is papercrafts, journaling and sketching / painting. I will be posting a few of my endevours as I do them. Hope to be able to keep this blog going as I prefer to do handwritten journals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment