Thursday, May 31, 2007

My first Art Journal



I have been drooling over the art journals that are featured in Somerset Studio from time to time and have always wanted to create one of my own but I don't have the same "artful spirit" as so many of those artist have....oh to just let go and create without having to PLAN. My art is so conservative and controlled. Maybe one day I will be able to be more free and wild in my painting and creating, but for the moment, here is a photo of my first attempt with an art journal. Yes, I know, I had to DRAW something...that is just in my nature, I guess. I just can't put paint to paper without having an image of something there to look at. These are the 1st four pages of my journal which is about 4 x 5 inches. I love working small when it comes to drawing and painting...easier to keep things in perspective.

No comments: