Saturdays go so fast...especially now that I have to work an occasional Saturday, like today! This morning Maggie had a little mouse cornered in our laundry room and when DH picked up a corner of a blanket that I still haven't washed (sheepish look!) the little thing took off into the kitchen with Maggie hot on its tail and DH and I right behind. The three of us had it cornered into a little nook next to the breakfast table...until he made a fast escape and scrambled up into one of DH's work boots that he had sitting under one of the chairs. I hurriedly covered the opening with a towel and carried the poor thing outdoors where I shook him out into the grass. He sat there panting with fright and didn't move so I took my finger and stroked its little back. He didn't move at all. I went back inside and watched from the window to see if he would leave, but he didn't. I went back out and since he was so tiny he was having a problem maneuvering through the grass, so I gently picked him up and took him over to the cement slab in the back yard where we have some limbs piled up, put him down and he scampered off. I can't believe I had the courage to pick him up! Anyway, I have a vision for another journal page! Now to find the time to sketch our little visitor with his head peeking out of DH's boot!
I had fun with the two new pages. Some drawing, some painting and one collaged. The little bird is a bit out of perspective with the fence and rooster, but I don't care if its perfect. I just liked the look of it!
My nephew stopped by a couple of nights ago and we got to talking "art". He paints beautiful pastel paintings and I was telling him about my newest "art" love...art journaling. I loaded him up with a stack of Somerset Studio magazines and the book "Artist's Journals and Sketchbooks". He took them home and brought them back last night before I had gotten home from work. I would love to know what he thinks of Somerset Studio!
No comments:
Post a Comment