
This is my 1st challenge for the Yahoo group, EDM. I am not at all pleased with the finished piece because I overworked it. Watercolors just don't suit me, I guess. I ended up going over the watercolors with colored pencils after it dried, and then I still wasn't satisfied and added the white acrylic highlights. Guess I need to find a good beginners book for watercolors! Anyone have a good one to recommend? To be honest, I am surprised I was able to hold a paint brush this evening. My afternoon was spent on my hands and knees scrubbing our wooden front porch of all the mildew that has accumulated over the past year. What a chore, but it looks so nice and clean! My DH even noticed it when he came home! Watch! Tomorrow my hand probably be cramping and won't be able to hold a pen!
7 comments:
I think you've done a great job with this! Watercolor, like any other medium, just takes practice. I think one of the best beginner's books is "Painting Watercolors" by Cathy (Kate) Johnson. It's from North Light Books First Steps Series. There are many other good books out there that you can get later, but IMHO it's best to get one and then when you've just about finished it, go on to another one.
Hey Joy, you've done a great job here. Your combinations of cool and warm colors make for a pleasing image. I really like it! Just keep practicing and if your future works are anything like this one, they will all be fabulous!
I can't give you any advice about wc because I can't paint, but I can tell you that I think this is lovely. I like your colors, too. I am like you, mostly a graphite artist. Painting does not come easily to me. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
The bell is gorgeous and I love your art journal! I've just started experimenting with watercolour too and am finding it difficult so if you find that good book let me know too!
I don't do watercolour so can't advise you but it looks pretty darned good to me. Cute bell!
Btw, I love your art journal entries! I wanna do one!!!
I think you've done a lovely job on this too - you've captured the look of ceramics in the reflection.
Great bell, Joyce! It has nice color and shadings; a charming bell.
Ronell
Post a Comment