This background was fun to make. All I did was dab several layers of turquoise, copper, yellow and black acrylics. I should have stopped earlier with the layers as I am not as satisfied with the finished result. It turned out darker than I wanted and my lettering is atrocious so that pretty much ruined the whole thing with my lettering. Again, the little girl clown is an image that attracted me in an issue of Somerset Studio.
It was a busy day but I did manage to get some artwork done. Casey and I traveled to the Vet early this morning for shots and medicine for her allergies. She was so good!
My heart went out to a lady who came in with her peach poodle wrapped up in a blanket. I could see that the dog was very old and blind in one eye. I overheard the receptionist and her talking.....'do you know someone who has a farm where you can bury her?" "No" "Then we will need to cremate her...do you want to stay with her for a while?" "Yes" And she sat down in a room full of other owners with their lively dogs and cats. I glanced over at her a few times as I was waiting to see the Vet. Her eyes were full of unshed tears as she held the beloved pet close to her heart. Every so often she would bend her head down and whisper comforting words to it. I choked back tears also and looked around to see if anyone noticed this lady who was about to lose her much loved pet. When that time comes for Casey (who is now 13), I hope she will know that she is and was very much loved. Why do we get so attached to our pets?
As soon as we got home, I made my DH decide what he wanted for suppers for the week, (Can't believe he gave me ideas for every single night!!) then headed back to town. I headed off to my nephew's house to return one of his paintings that he dropped off at the house for me to see. He showed me all his other paintings....WOW! He sure does have an eye for color!
No comments:
Post a Comment