Trying to do one piece of art each day isn't easy. I went out to sit on the deck this afternoon, taking my journal and set of drawing pencils with me. I thought I would sit and sketch the barn which is less than 50 feet from our deck, only to find that the large tree totally hid the "good" view of the barn. So, since this tree and wagon wheel was within my sight, that is what I attempted to draw, with not so good results. It turned out rather dark, but that is because I originally intended it to be just a pencil sketch. Then I thought, I'll just add a little color to the leaves, and the next thing I knew I was adding color after color of pencils and then acrylics. I never know when to stop!!
The sketch of Maggie was a quick one that I did while watching her watching the hummingbirds EARLY yesterday morning. I'm getting rather lazy on the journaling part and taking up more space for my drawings. Guess my next journal needs to be a bit bigger!
3 comments:
Hello-
Welcome to the Every Day Matters group. It is a lot of fun and one can learn so much....
I am loving your art journaling- absolutely beautiful. I am also quite enjoying the stories that you are telling.
Thanks for sharing.
Jen
Wecome Joyce...you have lovely work in your journal.
Happy blogging.
Ronell
Your sketches are lovely, Joyce. Welcome to the EDM group.
Post a Comment