The first page was inspired by the book "CreateYour Own Artist's Journal" by Erin O'Toole. The book is borrowed from the library and now it is a MUST HAVE! She had alot of illustrations using Gouache on Nideggan paper and I really like the look! I meant to look for some Nideggan paper when I was at the art store in Columbus this morning. DRAT! I forgot! The tan color of the paper makes the drawing look a bit vintage...
My vacation is over, except for the weekend, and I really can't say I got much done except for these pages. I sat and browsed through lots of books I brought home from the library, scrubbed the deck out back and lounged there in the afternoons. Sooooo relaxing! It's amazing how many different birds I observed just in our back yard! A little wren came and perched on one of the birdhouses I had sitting on a corner of the deck...sat there and scolded me. Too bad I didn't have my sketchbook, but I will sketch the birdhouse this weekend (hopefully) and add a wren by looking at my birding book.
2 comments:
Great portraits! Your journal pages are wonderful, too. I have yet to try sketching any of the birds in my yard. They don't sit still long enough.
The secret to bird drawing, all animals, is to start one sketch and when the birds move start another till they return to their orginal postition.
Glad you liked my book, Joy.
Post a Comment