Well, I finally finished the one drawing that has had me obsessed these past few days. It is a colored pencil drawing from a picture I have in a Trade Card book of 1800's advertising cards. Some of the artists from this era were outstanding when it came to artwork of children and animals. The drawing came out much better than I expected, but I still have a lot to learn when it comes to doing colored pencil art, the problem being how to layer and blend the colors. The bird is from a tiny portion of a picture that was on the front of one our church bulletins several months ago. The phrase, "GOD, THE MASTER ARTIST" hit home with me. No matter how well any of us "so-called" artists think we can draw or paint, God is the Ultimate Master Artist! I am thankful for my God given talents though and everytime I create a work of art, I wonder how God felt when he created all of nature...each animal, tree, flower and human being. I enjoy his beautiful Art Gallery every day!
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Winding Down
Well, I finally finished the one drawing that has had me obsessed these past few days. It is a colored pencil drawing from a picture I have in a Trade Card book of 1800's advertising cards. Some of the artists from this era were outstanding when it came to artwork of children and animals. The drawing came out much better than I expected, but I still have a lot to learn when it comes to doing colored pencil art, the problem being how to layer and blend the colors. The bird is from a tiny portion of a picture that was on the front of one our church bulletins several months ago. The phrase, "GOD, THE MASTER ARTIST" hit home with me. No matter how well any of us "so-called" artists think we can draw or paint, God is the Ultimate Master Artist! I am thankful for my God given talents though and everytime I create a work of art, I wonder how God felt when he created all of nature...each animal, tree, flower and human being. I enjoy his beautiful Art Gallery every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The pages you've done so far are just wonderful! Your art journal is off to a great start ... can't wait to see more.
I'm with you on the whole "conservative and controlled" thing. I have a hard time just going with the flow ... I tend to overthink everything. But I'm trying to not do that so much ... making myself use what I have on hand is helping with that. If I don't have the "perfect" image, paint color, etc. for something, it's forcing me to make do and that's been helping me think more creatively.
Oops, sorry for my rambling ... anyways, just wanted to tell you how much I love your pages. I'll be checking in often to see more!
Your journal is beautiful! There are days when everything just flows on their own and days when you fight for every stroke you put down! LOL...
We are called to use the gifts God gave us to better this world and I'm so glad you're using yours proudly! Wonderful journal, so keep it up!
Lotus
I love your journaling -- everyone has their individual style. I'm laughing because I've driven myself crazy trying to draw for the past year. And you are almost apologiing for drawing in your journal. Go figure....
P.S. It's much easier to go to your blog than to find a folder on the group site.
Keep on using the gifts God gave you.
Meinhild (inselfan54)
Post a Comment