I had a very odd dream last night that I just can't shake.
I was in the bathroom, washing my flip flops in the sink as I sometimes do. They weren't particularly dirty, but I just wanted to wash off the surface dirt. Just as I thought they were clean, a large amount of dirt appeared and slid down the shoe and ran down into the sink. I proceeded to wash them again, getting them clean and more dirt appeared and slid down the shoes and into the sink. I thought this was very odd and started examining them to see what the problem was. I discovered that there was a big glob of mud and dirt stuck to the shoes that I didn't see. I proceeded to scrape and pick at the dirt which was very hard to remove, but it finally came off and I washed them again and they stayed clean.
Wow! What does this dream mean? I relate it to my walk in life (the shoes). I try to live my Christian life the way God intended and when I am focused on God, I have peace of mind (the clean shoes), but there are times that I let Satan enter my thoughts with worry and doubt (the dirt), taking my focus off of God and His promises that he will take care of me in all my problems and that there is nothing He can't do. I never seem to learn my lesson. Bad times come and then they go and I am at peace again. But it is a vicious cycle that Satan won't let go (the mud stuck to the shoes). Through prayer and faith in God I am able to break free of Satan and the doubt and worry (scraping and picking at the dirt). If I stay focused on God, my mind will be free of worry (shoes that stay clean).
It's amazing how God can teach me a lesson even in my dreams!
1 comment:
Amen! This is a very good picture of how we are in constant battle and I agree that only through daily clensing through prayer is the only way we can truly stay focused on God. Satan is very sneaky and will use anything he can to distract us. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment