Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rainy Day

My last post was over a year ago! Where does the time go? I can't say that I have done anything creative lately. The last "crafty" project was making a flannel quilt for Linda's birthday in Dec 2007. ?? I haven't done anything except journal and read...haven't even done any sketching. Haven't been anywhere exciting....... What in the world have I been doing? Life is passing me by and I can't even remember anything memorable we have done in the past year! SAD! We are such a fun couple, huh? Someone or something needs to get me inspired to get up off my duff and be a more interesting person!

With the downturn in the economy, DH and I have been very blessed not to have been affected with any loss of jobs. So many of my friends have been affected one way or the other. The cost of our heating this past winter is how it affected us. Another winter like this and we just may need to consider selling and moving to a small house or apartment in town. Monthly propane bills of $500 are a bit too rich for our pockets!
We are finally getting some much needed rain. It has made me feel renewed and refreshed. Warm weather is near....yea!!! Time to think about planting some pots of flowers for the deck. L.'s daughter is selling flats of flowers from the local garden center and I am thinking of getting some portulaca. That is one plant I had down in Florida, and loved all the colors. It was very easy to grow too, which is a PLUS for me, since I have a black thumb. I certainly didn't take after my big sister, Lorene, who was an avid gardener. I always have good intentions in planting flowers, but never seem to do it. We'll see.......

No comments: