Sunday, May 27, 2012
Most of you who know me know that I am definitely not blessed with a Gardener's know-how, but I love unique garden art and I love birds so when I saw one of these, I had to make one for our back yard! So, at the first big yard sale I saw, I stopped and came home with a really pretty cup and saucer. Since I already have a desk full of craft items, I used my trusty tube of E6000 glue to glue the cup to the saucer, then let it sit overnight. This morning before church, I filled it with sunflower seeds and general seed and hung it from a shepherd's hook near the birdbath. As with anything new in the yard, it will take a while for the birds to get used to it being there. It is small, but I am hoping the little nuthatches and downy woodpeckers and finches find it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Very cute idea! I repinned this on Pinterest!
How is the glue holdong up in the wet weather?
Love this...I found your post through Pinterest and must try it!
Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing...now I am adding these items to my mental list for this weekends European flea market outing :)
Really cute...I use a lot of dishes & glass also, you can see my creations on Pinterest & Facebook under Funky Fusions Garden Art
This is so cute! I have seen some really cute cups and saucers at the thrift store. I have to go buy some and do this. So easy and ingenuous!
Lovin this and plan to make some this weekend. Im now following from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. COME VISIT ME.
Do wonder how the glue held up! I am going to make a couple of these for our new home here in Texas thanks!
Love this idea! How did you clip the cup handle to the hanger pole??
I tried this and the glue did not hold up. first rain, it was destroyed!
The glue I used was E6000. This has held up well and hung there all winter and is still there. You have to apply it pretty thick.
I tried this with a brand new tube of that glue--I had never heard of it. However, the cup and saucer were made in Japan--perhaps that is why the glue won't bond to it. I tried bracing it with Thinking Putty, but when I removed it, the glue didn't hold.
The tube I had was old and not real soft any more like a new tube. Maybe Gorilla glue would work for you instead?
Try roughing up the surface with sand paper first... Might have been too smooth... Some tea pots n cups shatter over winter so to be safe might wanna store over winter.. I had my whole "tea garden" break last year
Post a Comment