Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Newest Sketch!


This is how I spent my lunch hour today! I guess it wasn't so bad that I didn't have the car today (DH's car wouldn't start and he had to take me to work) because if I did, I wouldn't have attempted drawing this! It has its flaws but in all, I am very pleased with it as I have never tried people in pen and ink. I do know that I need to save my pennies and buy some artist grade watercolors. I used a brush and watercolor pencils, applying the wash with the brush instead of direct pencil to paper. It is amazing how engrossed I can become when drawing...the hour flew by.....didn't touch my apple or take one sip of my Pepsi that turned warm as I sketched!

5 comments:

Bonny said...

This is a beautiful drawing!! Wow!! Trul, I'm totally impressed with this. You did agreat job.

Anonymous said...

This is a delightful drawing and it would be no less amazing even if you'd "never tried people in pen and ink" before!!!!!!! *sigh* This is a real inspiriation for me! deni....;)

Lin said...

WHAT TERRIFIC SKETCHES!! LOVE YOUR STYLE!

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great drawing! I love pictures of children, but this is so charming. The way he's hugging her arm like that. I'm no expert on watercolor, but I love the wash.